• Traits and Characteristics See Article • Facts See Articles
• Germplasm Evaluation Program See Article • Which Traits Pay See Articles
• Yearling Bull Traits See Article
I am a 56 year old Montana native, and third generation Montana rancher. The "Black Maximizer" breed of Bos Taurus Cattle is one of the few breeds to ever be developed in Montana. They are the most highly and technically third party tested breed in the world. Most of the breeds were imported and created from much older breeds. The composite breeds are created in sort of a recipe fashion where you can cross any animal within several breeds to produce "breed X". Black Maximizer differ because they where developed by selecting and screening thousands of high accuracy sires and "nicks". After arriving at the best test percentage of each breed, I produced "Foundation Cattle". These foundation cattle were then extensively tested before they where accepted. They were then artificially bred and embryo flushed to shorten the development stage by years. The results have been very consistent and predictable offspring. Many comment on there unique "look" and "character", and can even identify them without seeing ear tags. This is desirable in any breed, whether it be horse or cattle.
I developed this breed in an attempt to answer the future challenges of the pork and poultry industries and provide cattle that will meet the many demands of current and future markets. This breed was also designed to triumph in a value-based world. I am convinced that they will contribute and survive when the people's selection intensifies and the marginal cattle are culled. In addition, the "feed efficiency" is an excellent profit trait for ranchers and feeders which allows "retained ownership" profit potential.
The word Maximizer refers to maximizing
3. And profit for all segments of the cattle chain.
The basic traits and characteristics are:
1. 1/2 Continental 1/2 English breeding
2. Good disposition
3. Homozygous black and homozygous polled (only breed next to angus) Occasional white on belly.
4. Excellent eye appeal with strong back, level topline and clean throated.
5. tender carcass and lean back fat with good rib eyes.
6. High maternal large pelvic, ample rich milk (high butterfat results) sand large volumed, shorter gestation length (many 5-10 days) Good shape for calving ease.
7. High sexed and early maturing. (Reproductive tract scores-highest possible, large scrotals (off chart) and high quality semen-ranked in top 5%.
8. Efficient feed converters with capacity, desire and genetics to gain fast.
The repeat customers and positive comments have given us the best complements anyone could ever expect. Call us for details.
LOUISIANA FORAGE TEST
LOUISIANA STATE UNIVERSITY AND LOUISIANA DEPT. OF AGRICULTURE
BREED WEANING IN WEIGHT AVE. SCROTAL AVE. DAILY GAIN
BLACK MAXIMIZER 696.7 LBS. **27.58 CM. ** 4.4 LBS.
ANGUS 620.8 LBS. 24.08CM. 3.9 LBS.
BRANGUS 645.3 LBS. 23.92 CM. 3.6 LBS.
BRAUNVIEH 746.5 LBS. 27.75 CM. 4.6 LBS.
CHAROLAIS 643.2 LBS. 24.09 CM. 3.9 LBS.
SENEPOL 850 LBS. 21.5 CM 3.4 LBS.
SIMBRAH 850 LBS. 21.5 CM. 2.6 LBS.
note: data summary
A SPECIAL THANK YOU AND CONGRATULATIONS TO BLACK MAXIMIZER BREEDER: RICHARD LAMOTTE: WELSH, LOUISIANA
BLACK MAXIMIZER PERFORMANCE TEST
PARK CITY FEEDLOT
SEX: BULLS - BREEDING BULLS THAT WE SOLD IN SPRINGTIME
TEST: 110 DAY WINTER TIME
CONDITIONS: NO IMPLANTS, INDIVIDUALLY WEIGHTED AND TAGGED/TATTOOED THIRD PARTY PERSON WEIGHTED AND FED ENTIRE TIME
RATION: SILAGE, CHOPPED ALFALFA, STRAW, CORN, (APPROX. 7lb/day ave.) Considered a
“COOL RATION”, WITH HIGH ROUGHAGE
#HEAD: 62 HEAD FROM 8 DIFFERENT BREEDERS
RESULTS: AVERAGE DAILY GAIN WAS 4.0 LBS/ **
1/2 BLOOD BULLS ADG: 3.8
3/4 BLOOD BULLS ADG: 4.2 lbs
7/8 BLOOD BULLS ADG: 5.0 lbs.
BULLS WERE SOLD BY PRIVATE TREATY INTO SEVERAL STATES, INCLUDING: NEBRASKA,
SOUTH DAKOTA, NORTH DAKOTA, MONTANA, WYOMING, IDAHO